« Home | The Weekly Release - 19th Dec 2005 » | The Sheep are Invading! » | Xmen3 - New Pics » | Family is in town » | The Weekly Release » | Hunk of the Week » | Which Fantasy/SciFi Character Are You? » | Help me with this Decision? » | World's Ugliest Dog » | BananaPhone »

Movie Review: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrope

Went to a late night screening of this show last night with my niece and Brother-in-law. To be honest I didn't know what to expect. I had read this book eons ago in my youth and had loved it. I also remember searching high and low for Turkish Delight and finally finding it only to discover that it was TERRIBLE! If you're a nougart fan, you might like it though. But I digress.

The show is amazing. No if's ands or buts. Its holds very true to the book, and the 4 children are simply amazing actors. Put simply they acted more in this one film than the 3 kids in Harry Potter did in the first 3 movies of that franchise. The special effects left me breathless. Its sewn into the movie so well that you can't tell what's real or not. Your first glimpse of this is when Mr. Tumnus the Faun comes on screen and it keeps getting better and better. From your first sighting of the Beavers to seeing Asland (The Lion) in all his glory.

Even the battle felt epic, and I'm talking about Lord of the Rings epic (minus the gore cos this movie is aimed at kids). I must simply commend Tilda Swinton who plays the white witch. She is the best villian I'm seen in... longer than I can remember. From her stunning costumes to seeing her wield 2 swords and fighting Peter. I got goose bumps. Finally a villan who was powerful cruel and yet defeatable without the aid of some otherworldy aid.

I must say that The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrope is a good but much like Lord of the Rings, but it is the director Andrew Adamson that really made this movie shine. What Peter Jackson did for Lord of the Rings, Andrew did for The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrope. Any movie that makes you want to borrow the book and read it is A MUST SEE. I give it 9.5/10

Blogs I Frequent