« Home | Ask a Ninja » | WOW Adventures » | DVD Review - Dexter » | The Simpsons Star Wars » | WOW Adventures » | Nanny Diaries » | Breathing Earth » | Back with World of Warcraft » | Movie Review: Stardust » | The Bourne Ultimatum »

My Saturday 23/09/2007

So here's what I did today, I bought a new graphics card for my computer. There are a bunch of great new games that will be releasing in the next 3-6 months and sadly my old card just was not up to it.

I had been considering building a new system, but everything priced out to be about 2.4k and I just didn't feel like spending the cash. I built my current system in Oct 2004, and sadly that was about the time the industry moved from AGP to PCI-Express and after a few months Duo-Core processors were released. For non-tech people that means my PC suddenly became yesterday's news overnight.

With this little upgrade, I think I can play almost all the games coming out and hold off building a new PC for about another year. WOOT!


PS. For those interested, my current system is as follows:

* ATI ALL-IN-WONDER 9800 PRO 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
* ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
* AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Newcastle
* CORSAIR XMS 2GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
* Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200 RPM IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive
* Windows XP Pro

Blogs I Frequent