« Home | Funnies - I will Survive (Turkey Style) » | The Weekly Release (11/14 - 11/21) » | More Wow News » | Cute Animal Quiz » | THE NERD? GEEK? OR DORK? TEST » | Malaysia Warned Over Pirated CDs » | Terminator TV Series Announced » | Hunk of the Week » | DVD Review - Everyone Loves Raymond (Season 1&2) » | Advance Reviews for GOBLET OF FIRE »

Movie Previews - Brokeback Mountain

There's been a lot of buzz over Brokeback Mountain mostly because its being touted as 'the gay-cowboy movie' and it stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger.

Here's a very good piece written by Newsweek magazine
In an early meeting, Schamus told Lee that, from a marketing standpoint, they were making this film for one core audience. "Yes, of course," Lee said. "The gay audience." No, Schamus said. "Women."

And it's likely that more than our mothers will buy tickets. The constant stream of positive word of mouth is turning it into a must-see for film lovers.

"For the last year on my Web site I've been calling this 'the gay-cowboy movie'," he said. "I just want you to know that I'm not going to be calling it that anymore."
If this is any indication this show might just make it. Personally I can't wait to watch it because (1)Its a mainstream film about gay love (2)From all the Buzz the directors got it very right.

Here's the full article

Blogs I Frequent