« Home | My B'day Dinner » | 12 Days of Winter's Veil » | Merry Christmas 2006 » | Funniest Trailer EVER! » | Anatomy of my Christmas Tree » | First Snow of 2006 » | Too Cute for Words » | Politics is no laughing matter in Singapore » | My Fave Christmas Song » | Square Eggs! »

New Years Eve 2006

For New Years Eve 2006, I went to my favorite French restaurant, Vincent's. If you're in Minneapolis and love good food, then I highly recommend it. Vincents has never disappointed me and is the only high end restaurant that I keep coming back to again and again.
They had a special New Year's Eve menu and that's what I had. The very first thing about Vincent's that appeals to me is their bread and butter. All restaurants have this but how many actually serve you fresh warm bread that's crusty on the outside and soft on the inside? The butter is also soft which make it spreadable. You'd be surprised at how many high end restaurants can't even get this simple thing correct. (Eg. Levains)


From there, every dish was a delight to the taste buds. The only one that was so so was the monk fish. I think a more delicate fish should have been used, either that or the fish was overcooked. Special mention goes to the Pan Seared Foie Gras, the Scallops and the "Monte-Carlo" Hazelnut Cake. These 3 items just made the whole dinner an experience to remember.

But again, every single dish was excellent. This is to date the only high end restaurant that I'm willing to shell out cash for again and again. If you like good dining and are in Minneapolis, visit Vincents. You won't regret it.

Another special thing to note is that today was the first time this winter that Minneapolis has had snowfall that accumulated. Christmas might not have been too white but New Year's sure as heck will be.

Labels: ,

Blogs I Frequent