« Home | Movie News Updates: » | Friday Fun » | Game Review - Titan's Quest » | A Wonderful Sunday » | The Prestige - New Movie » | TV Addict » | Papercuts » | Time for some humor » | Planning my New York Trip » | Superman Returns on IMAX 3D »

Edy's Slow Churn Ice Cream

There's an article in the New York Times about Creamy, Healthier Ice Cream.

Basically, Edy's or Dreyer’s ice cream came up with a new method of creating Ice Cream that's much lower in fat content and tastes great. Its done using protein cloned from the blood of an eel-like Arctic Ocean fish.

According to the article this product has been around since 2004, but I recently bought this slow churned ice cream about 2-3 weeks back (first time I've ever seen it). I've tried them all, low fat, sherbert, fat free, you name it, but this slow churned ice cream really is very very very good. I honestly could not tell that it was low in fat.

And not only did it taste wonderful, the nutritional content was actually lower in calories and fat compared with most fat free ice creams I compared it with! If you can find it in your grocery I highly recommend it.

Labels: ,

Blogs I Frequent