« Home | Happy Mothers Day » | Bad Subtitles » | Shii's Song » | Stickmen Fight » | Gaming Lull » | Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer » | OMG OMG OMG Harry Potter 5 Trailer » | Lord of the Rings Online - My Opinion » | Star Wars Personality Test » | A good and bad thing »

Tongue Stew

OK, stop puckering your face. Yes I said tongue stew. If you've never tried tongue before, its a very smooth and tender meat unlike any other meat out there. It really is good. Further more most grocery stores (in the US) carry it and its really cheap. I got 4 tongues for only 4 bucks.

I got this recipe from my mother. She used to make this dish on Saturdays and I never knew it was tongue. All I remember was that I loved the dish. It's also very simple to make.

Pork Tongue
whole onion, sliced
carrots
potatoes
Seasoning: Salt, Soy Sauce, 2-3 Anise Star.

Put everything in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Alternatively, you can also use the stove top and boil it for about 2+ hours.

PS. Remember to use Pork Tongue. When I first made this dish alone, I used beef tongue and its a lot tougher.

Try it out. I'm off to enjoy some tongue stew.



Blogs I Frequent