« Home | Happy B'day Rita » | Movie Review: The Golden Compass » | Cold Weather » | Bee Movie and Enchanted Reviews » | Singapore Trip - Part 3 » | Singapore Trip - Part 2 » | Singapore Trip - Part 1 » | Day Before I leave » | My Life Right Now » | 15 THINGS WHICH PROVE YOU LIVE IN 2007 »

Movie Preview: Mamma Mia

Yes, the next Broadway Musical to become a movie is Mamma Mia.

This is where my gay gene rears its head. I love ABBA, always have since I first heard them on the radio and always will. I was highly skeptical about the broadway musical when I went to see it a few years ago, but I was sooo wrong.

The story itself is nothing amazing or clever, but it allows a simple story to be told using ABBA songs and it does so very well. If you've ever liked ABBA, you have got to watch it. Its about a young girl who grew up in a beach town with her mother. She's engaged to be married and also discovers from her mother's old letters that her father could be one of 3 men. She pretends to be her mother and invites all 3 men to the island. The fun starts when her mother unknowingly meets all 3 men and even more confusion when all 3 think they are her father.

The movie version stars Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth. From the trailer just released, I can't wait for this one.

Blogs I Frequent