« Home | 3 Movie Reviews » | Weekend Cooking » | Happy 4th of July » | My Weekend » | WoW - Midsummer Fire Festival » | Spore Creature Creator » | Cooking Sunday with a Friend » | Weekend Cooking » | My Week » | Gaming Update - Lady Vashj Downed »

Game Review; Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard


Its been a while since I bought a new DS game. I'll admit its not exactly my game hardware of choice. but I heard about this game called Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard.

What's the main draw for this game? Its not for the common gamer. This is an old school RPG where you have to draw and keep track of your own maps. anyone out there's who's played Might and Magic 1 & 2, or Bard's Tale will know exactly what I'm taking about. This game even plays like those 2 classic game series.

Oh and this game is not easy for beginners, expect to die quite a few time until your characters get to level 4. Its just part and parcel of old school RPG's. For all hardcore RPG fans, this is a must buy.

Be warned though, it is still a Japanese RPG so despite the old school gameplay, things like powers and items are still very Japanese rpg style.

I'm only at level 3 of the Tower and about 12 hours into the game so far, and I think there are 30+ levels in all, still loving it.

Blogs I Frequent