« Home | My S'pore Trip - Day 3 - 4 » | My Spore Trip - Day 1 - 2 » | The Day before I leave » | Last Photos of 2008 - Food » | New Year Dinner » | Star Sightings » | Christmas Dinner » | Merry Christmas 2008 » | My Christmas and New Year plans » | A moment of Pride »

My S'pore Trip - Day 5 - 6

On Monday, I went out for lunch with my Mom. We had intended to have Kuay Chap (Triangular Kuay Teow) but it was closed on Mondays so instead we had noodles and a mix of meats. As you can see it was an excellent meal, all the meat items were awesome, but the noodles were only passable.



I visited my sister to do some baby sitting for my nephew and got to eat some chicken rice. This was from a favorite store of mine in Serangoon Gardens but for some reason it was not good chicken rice. I'm hopeful that this was a fluke because it would be sad if I had to cross off my default chicken rice store. Still, lots can happen when you're absent for 14 months.


Dad must have hear about mom and me missing out on Kuay Chap the previous day and got this for us for breakfast on Tuesday. It was sooo good. the skin... the intestines .... yummy!



For dinner on Tuesday my parents and I went to a Chinese restaurant called Lao Beijing which was in the mall opposite Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Very good food there.


We got Peking Duck. Excellent dish.


Siao Long Pao. Another excellent dish.

I know the picture is blurry but there was so much juice in the Pao.


This was Sea cucumber cooked with mushrooms and bamboo shoots, my mom especially liked this.


The token veggie dish, it was served with mushroom of some kind in XO sauce.


And finally, the Pièce de résistance, stewed pork belly. It may not look it but it was so tender and the sauce went fabulously over rice.

Blogs I Frequent