« Home | Fun Facts: Sushi » | Podcasts » | Colcannon » | DVD Review: The History Boys » | TV shows Online - plus a rant » | KyleXY - Season 2 » | Gaming News: Starcraft 2 Trailler » | DVD Review: The Lost Room » | Asian Fruit » | Tongue Stew »

Blast from the Past - Speak and Spell

Came across this photo and I had to share. I remember this educational toy from my childhood. The Speak and Spell. It had a tinny robotic voice and say "Correct" or "Incorrect" after you had spelled a word.

But don't take my word for it. Try it out yourself! This site has put up the speak and spell for everyone to try. To start,
  • click on this Link
  • click on Play
  • Click on 'ON'

    Man have we progressed, I remember when the Speak and Spell came out, it was among the first interactive toys and considered groundbreaking. Now we can simulate it in a web application.

  • Blogs I Frequent