« Home | My S'pore Trip - Day 14 - 15 » | My S'pore Trip - Snacks » | My S'pore Trip - Day 13 » | My S'pore Trip - Day 11 - 12 » | My S'pore Trip - Day 9 - 10 » | My S'pore Trip - Day 7 - 8 » | My S'pore Trip - Day 5 - 6 » | My S'pore Trip - Day 3 - 4 » | My Spore Trip - Day 1 - 2 » | The Day before I leave »

My S'pore Trip - Day 16

Friday I had an appointment at Bishan Junction 8 and since I was early, I visited MOS Burger. Its a Japanese fast food franchise.

I tried one of their rice burgers and was less than impressed. The chain had come to Singapore a few years before I left for the States, but I also remember being less than impressed with the offerings.

Lunch was spent with my mom eating Kway Chap. This was the SHIT! It was very good.



Here's a picture of Junction 8 from above. Lots of Chinese New Year Goodies being sold, but not many people buying. Looks like the recession is being felt.


Oh and I also spent some time making the red packets. I love that there are so many different kinds of red packets. So pretty and the banks give them away for free.



Friday night I went out with a another long time pal and his wife. This is Wei Kiat and Carol.

We went to the Ang Mo Kio Hub mall for dinner. The dinner was a set meal so it saved us the trouble or deciding what to order.

It started out with Yu Sheng. This one used Salmon. It was fun because the waiter would explain and wish us good luck with every item that was mixed into the Yu Sheng.
And of course, this is what it looks like after we did the "Lol Hey".

Potatoes, mushrooms and Chinese sasuage in some kind of stew.

Broccoli with abalone and mushrooms.

Shark's fin

Fried fish

And roast duck which is supposed to be their signature dish.

Blogs I Frequent